Straton X presets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
20,975
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What preset is everyone using with their Straton X lights? I started with the mixed reef but the blues on these kind of seem to wash things out....wondering if I should switch to one of the whiter SPS templates and adjust from there (over an Acro tank).
 
I've never used Straton lights but with my Noopsyche and my AI lights, I add in the blues until I have it as bright as I want at peaks and then I bring in each of the other colors until I hit the "pleasant to my eyes" spectrum. I'll make minor adjustments along the way if I notice corals responding negatively.
 
Thanks for the response. I have never had any issues dialing in lights with the exception of these. I ended going with a much whiter spectrum (which I believe these Stratus X lights are designed to run) and it made a huge difference....both in looks and acros coloring up.
 
I'm using the SPS setting. It's very white during the day, but it is pushing a lot of growth. The florescence at the end of the cycle is nice as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new