Stratosphere not opening

mse1972

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stratosphere that is being a bit temperamental. I got it from a reputable dealer and looked great for a while. I noticed it closing for a day or so and not opening as much. It was closed and looked like it had a piece of debris sticking out. I tried to dislodge it with a pipet it seemed to have dislodged it, but also could have just blown it deeper. I was considering maybe dipping it because it may be a pest or something. Any suggestions.
 
It could have been irritated by whatever was lodged in it, sometimes I find sand or debris gets on top of my zoa and doing some cleaning with a turkey baster to my zoas helps them stay clean and healthy.

I would recommend an iodine dip (following instructions on your brands bottle if you have any) to be safe especially if not opening up after dislodging the foreign object. It also helps with growth in some cases so its a plus, I iodine dip my zoas every month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new