Stream 3, 6105, 6255

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a tough call as 6150 has 4 possibilities, with no outlet diffuser, grid, deflector or flow rectifier, the no diffuser or deflector options are quite wide. Generally speaking though the 6255 would be the widest, 6105 also includes two outlets. For me it would be between 6255 and the 6150 with the deflector in width and the 6255 will have the most reach as the deflector diffuses the flow into a wide fan pattern.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me look those two up and see what your talking about with deflector options. Can't picture it

Edit. Just realized. 6150. I was like what the is that! Stream 3. Got it. Only thing about stream 3 is back peninsula facing up using the deflector. Prob hinders the flow.

I'd try to limit powerheads to 2 on the peninsula overflow side pushing as wide as possible so it's not b lining the 6ft range. I'd like a gentler power flow wide especially.if I run 2 side.by side on 36 wide tank. And indeed maybe one coming back in dead center on the peninsula viewing side to push back to create clashing and help push into overflow

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At about 2 min in on this video you can see the flow pattern of all 4 options on the Stream 3.

My old tank was a 72 by 24 by 28 peninsula, I had the same hope, the reality was the last foot had so little flow that algae and detritus became an issue, even if it was habitable by LPS and soft corals. I had to add 2 6055s hidden in stream rocks to supplement. When I upgraded, I decided no more peninsula style tanks, I now have a more conventional, back to the wall 84 by 30 by 24 and use 4 Stream 3. I think the only real way to have success on a longer peninsula tank is hide a couple pumps or do a closed loop hidden in some rock work, or possibly have a canopy that comes down far enough to hide some pumps above. It is very difficult to pull off.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At about 2 min in on this video you can see the flow pattern of all 4 options on the Stream 3.

My old tank was a 72 by 24 by 28 peninsula, I had the same hope, the reality was the last foot had so little flow that algae and detritus became an issue, even if it was habitable by LPS and soft corals. I had to add 2 6055s hidden in stream rocks to supplement. When I upgraded, I decided no more peninsula style tanks, I now have a more conventional, back to the wall 84 by 30 by 24 and use 4 Stream 3. I think the only real way to have success on a longer peninsula tank is hide a couple pumps or do a closed loop hidden in some rock work, or possibly have a canopy that comes down far enough to hide some pumps above. It is very difficult to pull off.

Having pumps on viewing panel doesn't bother me. I actually have an idea to mount them from pvc off the eurobrace so they come down and actually don't touch the glass so my magnetic can just easily clean behind it n maybe like my tank now I have 2 6095s on each side facing each other. Maybe have to do the same with a 6 ft peninsula

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id do and mp ecotech pump on the one end with no overflow. As said penninsulas can be hard. Diffricult. Not.impossible. u got this!!!!!
Fwiw.
I own and back in the day used to run 6125 softballs. They are big but flow a lot of water. Good for back in the day.
Today im using an octopulse4 and its good but i plan on buying a stream3 and using both on my 270g cube upgrade
-d

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back