Strong Fish Contest. What Fish is the Strongest in Your Tank.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I find interesting is those people that compete in the strongest in the world competitions. Like where they have to carry heavy rocks a certain distance or move these large objects in a certain amount of time. What if you held something like that in your tank, what fish would be the strongest in your tank?

Big_Orange_Fish.png
(Picture for inspiration and from SpongeBob haha)

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say my diamond watchman goby. Anything crawls towards the opening of his cave he picks up and swims to the opposite side of the tank and spits them out. Hermits, ceriths and nassarius snails which have grown quite large. Waiting to see what it will do if one of my turbo snails gets to close, that will be the real test!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know neither are fish, but my tiger pistol shrimp can easily lift frags and rocks twice his weight, and my rock boring urchin can push aside 30+ pound rocks when he settles in for the night. Pound for pound though the 'strongest' fish in the tank is probably the talbots damsel. 2.5 inches of pure muscle and moxy lol

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I find interesting is those people that compete in the strongest in the world competitions. Like where they have to carry heavy rocks a certain distance or move these large objects in a certain amount of time. What if you held something like that in your tank, what fish would be the strongest in your tank?

Big_Orange_Fish.png
(Picture for inspiration and from SpongeBob haha)
Also these have been my favorite r2r posts to read every day for like the last week btw keep up the good work lol

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also these have been my favorite r2r posts to read every day for like the last week btw keep up the good work lol
My goal is to try and find something unique every couple of days to discuss with everyone whether it's something funny or serious. I just get hit with these random ideas and I'm like "I wonder what people on Reef2Reef would say about this question haha"

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My naso tang. He can grab large pieces of seaweed from the current and tear it to shreds by using his head to shake it. I can’t explain it by text, but it’s amazing to watch.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My naso tang. He can grab large pieces of seaweed from the current and tear it to shreds by using his head to shake it. I can’t explain it by text, but it’s amazing to watch.
I'd love to see the Nano tang do that haha

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%

Back