Stronger Magnets for Maxspect 350

dvybiral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a tank with 3/4 inch glass and I want to replace my MP60 with a Maxspect Gyre pump on one end. I have heard that reefers have had problems with the pump falling especially when doing water changes. If anyone has had that problem and knows what size, strength and where to get these stronger magnets and how to apply them, I would appreciate it. Thanks

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine barley hold on 1/2 inch glass. If better magnets are available I would be interested as well.
I can not place the pumps with flow at 90 degrees to the mount like on the back. They fall off.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect sells a "reinforcement" magnet that is basically the same magnet we already have. What you do is stick that magnet onto the pump and place it into the tank with the pump. Then use the other magnet on the dry side of the glass. The two magnets attracting each other makes it stronger. Kind of lame as it makes your pump stick out further into your tank. Looks funny to me.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gyre xf350 held just fine on 3\4 glass. Having said that i wouldn't sell the mp60's just yet. I went back to 4 mp40's.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 250s on the 75 and 350s on the 240. The 250s stick better on the big tank than the 350s.
I had them all in there while I was redoing the 75.

The 350 works fine as long as the pump pushes itself toward the glass so I gave up being creative with them and stuck them on the sides in the conventional way.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting 2 magnets below, even looks nicer. These things are insanely strong, no more issues on my Reefer 750.

40x40x20mm Super Strong Neodymium Block Magnet, N52 Permanent Magnet Disc, The World's Strongest and Most Powerful Rare Earth Magnets - Pack of 2

cynthia1756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acrylic one inch thick tank and I have the XF250's and the magnets worked just fine. I received a pair of the XF350's and the magnets would not even work on my tank. I called Coralvue and they stated it's a known problem and they sent me a pair of XF350 Super strong magnets free of charge. I just had to provide them with the serial numbers of my new XF350's. They were pretty quick shipping them. Gonna install them on there this weekend and will let you know how they work.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting 2 magnets below, even looks nicer. These things are insanely strong, no more issues on my Reefer 750.

40x40x20mm Super Strong Neodymium Block Magnet, N52 Permanent Magnet Disc, The World's Strongest and Most Powerful Rare Earth Magnets - Pack of 2

just ordered a set for a Maxspect XF350 pump on 1" thick acrylic crossing my fingers it works i know a dry side of a great white magnet works i tried it

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

where did you place these magnets on the 350 pump? i tried to set these same magnets side by side on top of the outside magnet that is supplied by the company and DAM it was not pretty those babies were to close to one another and wow are they strong that god my finger was no where close. how did yo mount yours? i want to use these on my 500 gallon 1" thick back panel

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you end up coating these magnets in anything when using in your tank? I got some too but don't want them to leach into the water.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up coating these magnets in anything when using in your tank? I got some too but don't want them to leach into the water.

I didn’t put the magnets inside the tank But did wrap them in plastic wrapping paper and only used on the outside. That worked fine. Not sure if that’s a good long term solution. I no longer use the 350s went back to my old gyres. The controller For 350s has a flaw I really hope Maxspect plans to fix soon (my 2nd) and one of the pumps gets constantly turned off every few days no matter what troubleshooting I do...

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of 350s on my 1” thick acrylic tank and no problem. There might be a problem if the pump is out of water but they work great in the water. I have had issues with the MP60 magnets on tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back