Struggling figuring out flow

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210 gallon 72 x 25x 30 I use 3 MP40s 2 in sync on the left side one on the right anti sync. I am running the master at 75% alternating every 4 hours or so between constant and reef crest. I also ave a Vectra L2 return pump with 2 returns running at 75% the return pump flows through a manifold for my UV and carbon reactor I also have a lot of elbows which I’m sure cut down that flow by a fair amount. All plumbing is 1.5”. Is this too much? Too little? It’s an SPS dominant tank with some lps hammers 1 torch 2 goni and what not. The torch and Goni’s don’t extend very far but seem okay. The torch polyps seem puffy and short the Goni same thing. I figured the Goni and torch would extend much farther. The hammers are miserable lately. Parameters are all within normal limits. Nitrate 10 phosphates .07 - .1 Alk 8.0 salinity 1.025 all tested with Hannah checkers. Please excuse the fish they think it’s dinner time!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what i could see on the coral with polyps open it looks like pretty appropriate flow for an sps dominant tanks(some nice looking frags in there!).

The larger red goni you showed i would say could use more flow if anything but looked pretty happy. The hammers at very beginning of video i couldnt really tell how much flow they were getting but that would be the only thing i would worry was possibly getting too much from what i saw. They like pretty low flow and can be hard in a high flow tank unless you got some good "dead spots" with low flow for them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back