Student Aquascaping Project at MSMHS

Serge Medvedev

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello CTARS! I am planning on having my students do an aquascaping project with their aquariums. The idea is to get the kids thinking about animals, substrates, and structures within their tank. Because these aren't reef tanks, I was thinking of allowing students to decorate based on chosen themes, almost like their own version of an episode of "tanked".

This will require a ton of aquarium decorations. I was thinking that aquarium decorations and fake plants and such a lot of times end up in a junk pile once people such as yourself advance in your knowledge and interests. I was hoping these old piles of decorations can be donated so the students will have stuff to work with.

If any of you have such things, I would love to collect. What do you think? Please let me know.
 
That sounds great . only problem is the decorations in our tanks are not fake.;)
 
Why don't you go to joanns or Michele's you can get a bunch
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new