stung monti

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I think my montipora got stung by my wall hammer. the reason I think this is because there is a white circle on it about the size of the tentacle of the hammer. I also noticed one of the tentacles getting way to close to it so I moved it last night. I was wondering if that should heal or will the whole thing turn white now or should I cut that piece off?
 
It's been a couple days. Has the damage spread at all?
 
I'm thinking it will be fine, but let's see if [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] has any input.
 
It should be fine, but when it does heal over it will look like a bump I guess you could say. If that would bother you aesthetically then go ahead and frag it so it heals over in uniform with the rest of the piece
 
I wouldn't do anything, if the monti is healthy it will grow back. I had it happen many times.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new