View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

My first fish will be here Thursday! :D

mysunburst.jpg

... with another to follow soon...
sweeet!!! something swimming in the tank will be new eh?!? did you only get one fish?

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for some fins to be moving in there :D

Yep just one (that one)... I'd been eyeing it on D.D. and finally pulled the trigger. I'd like a trio of these guys - I just love 'em!

Thanks!

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:hammer:

Got 'em both Mike! I have been stocking this tank in a bass-ackwards way, but that's what happens when you have a bunch of coral awaiting their home and they don't need light!

BTW, my LampTree from ZeroEdge is under construction now, so once I receive that I'll be ordering my "permanent" light ;)

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news, but devastating news for the tank!

Well last week I received some great, and devastating news at the same time. I got a promotion which I was hoping for - but not for another year or so. It will be increasing my travel for work nearly double, which has put one heck of a dampner on the plans for my new system in regards to my stocking plans and the necessity to feed heavily daily etc.

Thus I've made the decision to downgrade for a while while I take on this new position and keep a very small reef on the side that can be easily managed by my roomate while I'm away. The large tank was already a lot for him to handle and it's barely stocked yet.

The tanks sale is presently pending, but if it falls through I will start a FS thread here on R2R. The skimmer is currently for sale here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f60/atb-medium-airstar-25698.html

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that in a reef-selfish way but good for you at the same time!!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Great and Heck .... was hoping to see some new updates and only to find out that you're downsizing due to work :angel: (Congrats on the upcoming promotion) ... I do have one question though. Is Rhyzo or Dendro hype still alive for you guys as it's not as lively as it was a year or two ago in Toronto?

Our local LFS has lots of Dendro's that's sitting in their holding tanks and pretty much everybody has Dendro's in their tanks by now. Can you imagine Aussie Balanophyllia sitting there forever from way past shipment and nobody wants 'em?

Paul

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joe and Paul!

I really am devastated to see it go, but by no means will I let it sit empty and not stock a tank how I want to... thus it must go. Hopefully with the promo I can settle down in the next couple years and stop moving and renting! Then the big guns come out :D

Paul, there will always be "hype" around certain corals - retailers, forums and hobbyists drive them. They change, come back, and change again and will continue to. I do not get involved; I solely purchase what I like and when I like it... I've never had a "gotta catch 'em all" mindset regarding corals and their "names". With that said I am able to purchase rhizos and dendros for much cheaper than I was three years ago ;) My "little" tank will hold the same stock I was planning for this, with less fish... much less fish. This tank would've had around thirty fish, which is why I am selling it. I cannot put someone in the position to care for them and feed multiple times a day while I am away. I will be much less worried about it when I go out of town too... less money to lose in a worse case scenario ;)

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a closing note to this thread I wanted to thank everyone for following and adding their input, ideas and comments :bigsmile:

Last night I purchased an ELOS Mini system which I will be picking up this weekend, and I'll be transferring everything over by next Tuesday. I'll be starting a thread on it in the next couple months so keep an eye out for that, along with Bruders build thread after he picks up the AGE tank and moves in September.

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what's cookin'... :angel:

This tank was sold to my friend and fellow R2R member Ryan (bruder), but due to being relocated to the second floor after moving he was weary of keeping the tank there, as I would be. Well, the tank sat in my room for quite some time getting lonely, and work travel has greatly subsided, so it's getting wet again. I'll be buying my dream tank... again :nerd:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back