Stupid prazi question

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have hit my display with 2 rounds of prazi , 6 days apart.

After the second dose, the next day, my filter sock was pretty dirty, not running skimmer etc.

Obviously the sock was dirty, algae etc, and although water was still going they there and making its way to return pump in third chamber, the flow was slowed up a bit.

Is there a chance the prazi could have been “blocked” or “removed “ during time of treatment by the sock?

Or is it water soluble enough (prazi pro liquid) that as long as water was able to move thru it, the prazi should be too and not removed rendering treatment useless?

No carbon, media, etc, just 200 micron sock.

Thanks

OP
OP
W

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok even if the socks were “clogged “ to a point water flow slowed thru there? Say they normally allow 400 gallons an hour they the material, however cuz of dirt, algae, prazi slime etc allowed 200 gallons an hour thru, the meds should still flow thru as does water and not get caught up in the debris slime?

Thanks , just looking to do this once and Be done with it (treatment , dosed twice)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok even if the socks were “clogged “ to a point water flow slowed thru there? Say they normally allow 400 gallons an hour they the material, however cuz of dirt, algae, prazi slime etc allowed 200 gallons an hour thru, the meds should still flow thru as does water and not get caught up in the debris slime?

Thanks , just looking to do this once and Be done with it (treatment , dosed twice)
Yup almost certainly not an issue :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back