Stylocoeniella or Something Else?

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
1,601
Location
Chicago
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up this zoa frag from my LFS and it had a bonus coral on it. I just don’t know what it is and when I bought this, it wasn’t really big enough to positively ID. Do you all think this is a stylocoeniella or some other fluffy Monti or something?

98511FE4-2792-46B9-AD15-0233AD028715.jpeg BD9815EA-6D96-42C6-B997-27AE285BF7A7.jpeg B52A15E9-798D-4451-9E37-286D0AE88DA9.jpeg
 
Its prob real late but, if you havent figured it out yet and you still have this coral which I presume would be way bigger now. Try getting the polyps to retract. Im suspecting Porites. If you see this, then its a porites.
 

Attachments

  • 2877B9FB-ECA3-408A-92CE-0CB34A089B0A.jpeg
    2877B9FB-ECA3-408A-92CE-0CB34A089B0A.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 37
Looks like a stylo to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new