Stylophora problem

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
2,017
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190116_154747.jpg

I've had this coral for over a year now and ive no idea whats going on, is it stn, bleaching, any help is appreciated as to what i can do
 
Only thing i can think of is that i got 2new radion lights just last week for my red sea reefer 350 that this coral is in and they are set at coral lab 30% would this have anything to do with this?
 
Thanks, sorry i meant the white tips on the branches, they arent the usual growth tips but pieces of dead skeleton
 
Oh, okay. I don't think your lights will cause that issue especially on stylophora. From personal experience, stylophora is the hardiest acro in my collection. I would recommend a parameter check. Might be an alk swing.
 
Thanks for the help, i hope it will be fine, just never seen it have growing tips like this lol
 
Oh, okay. I don't think your lights will cause that issue especially on stylophora. From personal experience, stylophora is the hardiest acro in my collection. I would recommend a parameter check. Might be an alk swing.
Thanks,Ill check the parameters, just done a water change so hopefully if there was an alk swing it will have brought it down
 
Here is a top down of an OK healthy Stylo and the same type Stylo frag for comparison. In the top down photo I am blasting the tank with the light at 100% blues and whites (G1 Reef Breeders Photon 48) and then the frag is taken in whatever the light cycle was at the time (30% blues and 15% whites for example). I had the same problem with the base of this turning white until I put it as high in my tank as I could and increased the average PAR in the tank by 20% during the light cycle.
Slide4.JPG
Slide41.JPG
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new