Success with Powder Blue Tangs

Have you had long term success adding a Powder Blue Tang to an established system


  • Total voters
    18
Here’s some pics

4189FD39-97E5-4148-BEEE-FB1A7970DA94.jpeg E05CF257-E125-4369-83E4-8E73BEA14630.jpeg
 
This guy is coming from Diver's Den, so he has been through QT. I will have him under observation at first and hopefully he doesn't need treatment. You are right, I may opt to place him in the DT as soon as he is eating and I've had enough time to observe him.
I wouldn't take advice from that dude. He doesn't QT. I have one that's almost a year in now. Got him at juvenile stage. Went through TTM and I've done with all of my fish. Became the bully as soon as I put in the display. He bullied a hippo Tang twice his size. And now he's grown bigger than the Hippo. Only Tang he won't mess with was the larger Blonde Naso. He eventually had to give up the crown once I added my Achilles Tang.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new