Success with Seabe or LTA hosting occellaris clownfish?

offthehook

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
157
Location
Eastern NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so over the years I have had good luck with LTAs and seabe's hosting a pair of perculas. I have also had BTA's with occy's with no luck. This time around I have a pair of frostbite clownfish and looking for an anemone. I really don't want to do a BTA. I know none of those are their natural host. I have found a healthy specimen of both seabe and a LTA but trying to decide which to get and which would give me better chances of hosting my frostbites.. anyone here have either one of these anems succellfully hosting occellaris?
 
Of the two I have seen better success with the Sebae, but they are certainly the harder to keep happy. Also if you found a healthy and colorful Sebae that's a rarity in itself.
 
Thanks! Yeah I have only seen pictures my LFS sent me so until I actually lay eyes on it i can't be 100% sure of their condition. I go to see them in person tomorrow. They look very healthy in the pics. I was kind of leaning towards the LTA but I have heard of more success rates with pairing the Sebae. I have contemplated not getting one at all this time around. I wouldn't mind having a BTA but I feel the success rate with those is probably pretty close to the same.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new