Sudden Clownfish aggression?!

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Found this rather odd ans thought I'd get some different perspectives. I've had 2 Captive Bred Spotcinctus Clownfish since babies. They've been inseparable for over a year. Today as I was watching them, one of the clowns was chasing the other clown around the tank. The one being bossed seems terrified of this behavior and stays in the corner. All other fish are fine. My banggai cardinal is just floating around with no care in the world; my royal gamma is fine, my watchman goby just chills on the bottom...but what's with this sudden behavior? Is the bossy one turning into the female and exhibiting her dominance on the other fish?

Here's a little video...I missed another little spat. But I'm sure you get the idea lol

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May want to get an acclimation box until they can get things sorted out.

OP
OP
RobertTheNurse

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update. Checked on the lil guy that was being "bullied" by his lover...they were in their usual nightly spots. The female has hosted my lobo and the male likes to float on the same corner of my tank.

This afternoon when the lights came on they were swimming side by side...and every once and a while the female would sorta chase him away a bit...then they would resume swimming side by side lol

Kinda cute actually? Maybe the male tryna "get some" ? And female like, "that's a no from Mr dawg"

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back