Suggestion: Coach/Mentor program

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making a suggestion for the forum. I'm not sure if this has already been brought up or thought up before. I think it would be great to create a new part on the forum for a coach or mentor program. Where someone new in the hobby or even an experienced reefer having issues can have a single person to talk to and give them guidance on a daily basis. Obviously the people doing the mentoring would have to be very experienced and a successful reef keeper and they could earn a new tag under their name. Some problems are complex and takes more than just a single post to get it figured out. A mentor could really get to know their tank and what all has been done daily to try to fix it. Just a thought...

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like a really good idea. When I was getting started this time last year, I had a 1000 simple questions and it would have been great to have a single person to break things down.

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea. I read Adam from @Battlecorals was doing a help thread.
I think a one on one approach would be more beneficial than a help thread. A specific experienced member that can help guide the process one on one would definitely make transitioning into the hobby a lot smoother. I’m completely new to saltwater tanks and Setting up my tank has been quite a ride. @Slocke has been helping me out a lot and I’m very grateful to him. A specific mentorship program would be super ideal, and in return for all of the time and advice being given, I think it would be appropriate to give some sort of gift to the mentor.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back