Suggestions for a macro camera

  • Thread starter Thread starter IGROZOAS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IGROZOAS

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2012
Messages
858
Reaction score
200
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAn anyone give me a suggestion for a macro camera. Just looking to get into the photography end but dont want to spend a fortune. Around 300-400$. Thanks.
 
With that budget, you might be able to buy a used macro lens. You'll still need a camera body to put it on. Unfortunately, the photography hobby can be just as expensive as our reef hobby.
 
With that budget, you might be able to buy a used macro lens. You'll still need a camera body to put it on. Unfortunately, the photography hobby can be just as expensive as our reef hobby.
Ok lets forget the budget. Any suggestions on camera brand that would be ideal?
 
I have a Nikon D5000 that I enjoy playing with. Here are some pics I have taken
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367505428.106392.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367505441.298126.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367505456.260862.jpg


Think I paid about 600 for this but you still need the lens you want. Don't know a whole lot about photography but I'm happy with what I have. Just like a few more lenses and ill be set.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new