Suggestions for my new 250

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I scored a heck of a deal on a 3 month old 250 gallon aquarium made by Planet Aquariums. This is going to replace my over crowded 75. The corals grew faster than expected. I plan on building my own stand and sump. Was thinking of doing the triton method but I am kinda leaning towards the traditional way. What suggestions would one give on this. Should I stay traditional maybe do a turf scrubber instead of a fuge? Maybe try the triton? Would a 48" x 16" x 16" sump be large enough? I am going to use my Kessils for the tank and pretty much all of my other equipment except the protein skimmer. Tank will have about 5 tangs, 2 clowns and a few others. This will be it for me. No more tank upgrades.
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 10.08.38 PM.png

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha no more up grades! I remember saying that about 3 tanks ago and a bigger one is coming again! Lol. You will love that Planet Aquariums tank! They are who I chose to build my 600. Awesome company with awesome service and made in Arlington TX

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new tank from PA. I love it. I am a traditional kind of girl. Get a sump with a fuge chamber, a skimmer and a sock or roller. Done! Nothing fancy required.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be it for me. No more tank upgrades.
Yeah, I said that and still believed it when I picked up my 210 about six months ago. I'm still improving it and filling it up -- and will be for awhile. But do you know what??? I found myself drawing a diagram for knocking out walls, adding walls, and creating a mini-fish room the other day. There is always room to grow. ;) Congrats on this awesome tank! We are going to have a blast watching you fill it up. It looks great.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back