Suggestions HOB skimmer

R2_.d2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys new to the forum, was trying to see what would be a good HOB skimmer for my 29 gallon tank. Have 1 valintini puffer 1 clown 1 damsel and a 6 line wrasse. I was looking into the reef glass skimmer any thoughts? I have had a red devil nano 150 but I have burned through two of them and was looking for something a little less visible in the tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I’m not experienced with that skimmer but I responded to a similar thread the other day. Maybe you can find some help on that thread.

I run the cheap nano m-50 and it isworking pretty well. Couple drawbacks but for the price I’d say it’s pretty good. My full review is at the link below.

JimG1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its over kill for the size tank you got but i have one on my 125 and for the money you cant beat it...does a great job and cant hardly hear it running.

Every once in awhile i have trouble with a few micro bubbles but I usually just run it at night

OP
OP
R

R2_.d2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used a reef glass skimmer?
Screenshot_20200216-220759_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 46 gallon bow front tank with a stand not big enough for a sump and have been running HOB eqiumpent for almost three years. I started out with a Coral Life HOB Super skimmer and had nothing but problems. Could never get it dialed in and it overflowed. I switched to the Reef Octopus HOB 1000 and have never had a problem since. Its quiet, it sets up easy and pulls an amazing amount of gunk from the tank. Its a clear material and blends with the room around it.
Its a good quality skimmer!

OP
OP
R

R2_.d2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I forgot to mention I do have a rimmed tank will the reef octopus still work?

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is rimmed aswell and the reef octopus fits fine on mine. You just need about 4 1/2 to 5 inches of space between the back of your tank and the wall

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back