Suggestions on what to do with bleached anemones

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last summer, I was away on vacation and we had some 100 degree weather in San Diego. I had no chiller and came home and lost several sps frags/colonies and my 2 beautiful true rose anemones bleached.

They have since split into 4. All are very small and have some color back, but look neon pink.

Any suggestions on how to get these guys to color up? I also have a hard time with getting them to eat, which I'm sure isn't helping.
Here is what it used to look like
feb09073.jpg

After the summer with high temperatures
September2009086.jpg

Now, all 4 look like this (small and neon pink)
zoas018.jpg

Tank102a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RBTA got banished to the sump after moving to much in the display, then it started to bleach. I slowly re aclimated it to more intensive lighting and it came back 100%

OP
OP
G

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RBTA got banished to the sump after moving to much in the display, then it started to bleach. I slowly re aclimated it to more intensive lighting and it came back 100%
Well, I've added 2 more t5 bulbs since this happened, so now I have a total of 6 bulbs. I don't want to buy MH to get them to color up. I am going to start a frag tank with 4 t5. Do you think this might be better for them? They would be closer to the light in the frag tank.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep them in the tank they are in now.Dont move them and give them any reasons to become more stressed out.IMO keep the 6 t5's and start feeding little bits of thawed mysis.This should help them recover slowly.If it dosent,try extending your time the lighs are on by a little bit every will till you see a change.

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one that kind of looks like that too but mine arrived like that and is metallic green on the lower side of its tentacles.but its doing fine and eats like a pig!

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green BTA that has beached due to I had him under t5's, I have since upgraded to a 250 14k MH phoenix, do you think he will get his color back? He is like completely white tentacled now? also his tentacles arent very sticky. Any advice?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimate him to your lights by placeing egg crate on the top and then some window screening on top of that.Every 7 days remove one.I would put about 3-4 sheets on there.Just till I started to see a change in color.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back