Suitable predators for a nano

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider this a predator. It's also a small size fish that will work in a nano. Only issue is they're good at hiding, wedging into spaces and they also camouflage very well against anything white, grey, tan or black.

I consider it a predator because it eats fish roughly it's own size. A scooter got to close to his hidey hole and was gone in an instant.

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1694414638505.jpeg

Perhaps a coral croucher? They’re tiny scorpaeniforms that are mildly venomous and predate even tinier invertebrates. They tend to hide a lot so you might have difficulty getting food to them though.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is a bit small for predatory fish like mentioned already. I would double or triple the tank size.
And if I were going to try a predatory fish, it would be some kind of angler. They'll sit there all day waving their little lure around until something gets too close and then WHAM. They're pretty cool. Ugly SOBs but some find that cool too.

OP
OP
seefour5

seefour5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all the responses and advice! It’s really appreciated and great to know. I’ll steer away from anything mentioned until I have the space to get a larger tank. Thanks a bunch!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back