sulfur denitrator manifold off the return?

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Guys,

I recently installed an aquamax sulfur denitrator. Actually it's their calcium reactor but the TS-1 has been out of stock for months so I just purchased the T-1. Same thing essentially.

I was also told I needed a feed pump so bought a sicce 0.5 with rodi hookup. Put it in the sump and good to go.

Noticed today the sicce pump is making a lot of noise. I have it currently at 1 drop a second and as the reactor medium matures I will increase the flow rate but there's always going to be a lot of backpressure against the pump. I have a feeling this noise is only going to get louder and fry the pump pretty quickly. Here's the adapter I installed. Was thinking I could also just drill a hole into the hose to allow some relief.

I was thinking of just installing a T in the return pump line and putting a rodi outlet there somehow. I have a Vectra S2 return pump. Looking at the spcs should be 3/4" fitting which seems right as the tubing is about 1".

Anyone have any idea how to T this line and install a 1/4" rodi insert? With the least amount of parts possible? Anyone ever do this?

thanks

Attach85827_20220505_214401.jpg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
stephanjupillat

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. Now need tubing to pvc. Haha. I’ve looked up those pumps but a continuous one is pretty expensive and large. I’d do it if I had a large tank but this is like 60gal net. I’m dosing 5ml of nopox a day to keep nitrates under 20 but want to get rid of that and just have sulfur reactor. Too much pink slime bacteria bloom in sump from nopox. Think I’m just going to try even smaller pump. Sicce makes those micro pumps. But yeah I yeah you. This pump would be awsome

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Now need tubing to pvc. Haha. I’ve looked up those pumps but a continuous one is pretty expensive and large. I’d do it if I had a large tank but this is like 60gal net. I’m dosing 5ml of nopox a day to keep nitrates under 20 but want to get rid of that and just have sulfur reactor. Too much pink slime bacteria bloom in sump from nopox. Think I’m just going to try even smaller pump. Sicce makes those micro pumps. But yeah I yeah you. This pump would be awsome

How DIY are you? Maybe this would be an option:
Small Stepper peristaltic Pump 12V with Speed Control Kamoer KCM-ODM Low Noise Adjustable High Flow Rate lab Liquid dosing Pump with Driver Board Power Adapter 14~670 mL/min

I have both the fx-stp (non wifi) and the ecotech versa. The kamoer is the better pump by a mile. Sulfur denitrators are amazing and once you are set up there are no consumables to replace or additives to dose. You will be happy.
Screenshot_20220423-193451_Gallery.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back