Sump Feedback

received_244003776723671.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 
Welcome to R2R I have a small question for you, in the case of a power outage do you have enough sump volume to hold that extra water coming from the tank until the siphon breaks?

The first baffle looks kind of high as well as your water level.

Great call, that was one of my main concerns as it’s my first time using a sump. I did make sure there’s enough space from the overflow to drain into the sump. My return line is above the water line, so no worries about a siphon break there.
 
Welcome to R2R!! Your probably going to need to use the middle section for skimmer as the return section is to deep.. If you raise your skimmer to much you wont be able to remove collection cup or service it. I would also recommend removing the power bar from sump area.. possible splashes, leaks and humidity can wreak havoc on power strips.

DD3D68A1-1F53-4A02-A1F0-D1DC0C3691DA.gif

Dang, I was worried about having to put the skimmer in the second chamber as I wanted to start a refugium at some point.

I did order a smart power strip that I’ll be installing on the back of the stand as opposed to inside.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new