Sump filter

rob_keiffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm completely new here and this is my first post. I'm looking for some info on setting up a sump filter. All I've ever used were hob and canister filters. I recently just bought a 120 gal tank that is already predrilled it has some pipes coming out the bottom already but the previous owner cut them for some reason. It came with a RODI system which I have no idea how to use and also a sump filter which at the moment is just a large plastic box with nothing in it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in it or where it goes. I'm not even sure how to get the water in and out of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry so long. Here are a few pics of what I have.
20170218_132008.jpeg
20170218_132025.jpeg
20170218_132037.jpeg
20170218_132039.jpeg

Bubblebass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start by going to bulkreefsupply.com and watch a bunch of videos they have on there. From RO systems to sumps, to tank setup. It's all on there and is a great resource to start with.

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start by going to bulkreefsupply.com and watch a bunch of videos they have on there. From RO systems to sumps, to tank setup. It's all on there and is a great resource to start with.

This is EXACTLY what I did and was incredibly helpful. It kept me on the slow and steady and really demystifies the process.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back