Sump help

Robert Greene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the hobby a few years. finally upgrading and getting rid of the HOB system. Got my hands on a 93G cube with overflow. The usable space underneath in the stand is 20X20. So not much room to work. Any ideas on what to do without breaking the bank? since i will have to buy a new skimmer and return pump i want to save wherever i can.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know trigger makes cube sumps. Not the cheapest but may fit the bill.
I have the same tank and at first used an Eshopps sump that kind of stuck out in the back a little but then wanted a bigger sump for refugium + more working space (cube stands are really cramped). Since tank was in basement in front of furnace room, I drilled a hole thru the wall for pipes and now using a DIY 29G tall aquarium sump hidden behind the wall. No more tight working space, so much more convenient. If this is not an option, not much choice but having to buy a cube sump or if u don't mind leaving stand a bit away from wall, can use a regular rectangular sump that sticks out a bit in the back.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back