Sump leaking at lower bulk head

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilbert23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gilbert23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
9
Location
northfield
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need a new bulkhead it’s leaking at the lower bulk head not from the tank head where I sealed it. Bought it used

IMG_2545.jpeg IMG_2545.jpeg
 
I'd remove the pipe from the bulkhead, sand off the old adhesive and re-attach it with fresh PVC primer and glue.
 
Do I need a new bulkhead it’s leaking at the lower bulk head not from the tank head where I sealed it. Bought it used

IMG_2545.jpeg IMG_2545.jpeg
Why is the bulkhead siliconed? Is that a slip fit or threaded? I would replace the bulkhead. Should be no need for silicone on a flat surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new