Sump lovers: What do you keep in your sump

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
30,908
Reaction score
54,381
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, I don't have a sump in my 20g. However, I do have one in my tiny little 1g tank. I am curious to know what you keep in your sump and whether you are happy you have one. Photo Credit: @Anirban
anirban1.jpg
 
A heater, a skimmer, a return pump, a reefmat, Apex sensors, ATO feed, doser input, UV, pineapple sponges, fanworms and a big ball of chaeto. Probably a whole load of pods too.
 
Besides the usual sump equipment, I keep rock rubble in the sump, that I can use to mount frags, I usually keep a rock or two for adding or swapping to one my tanks.

If I'm preparing for a new build, I'll put some newly bleached rock in the sump for a few months
 
I use aquariums as sumps with one baffle. They have a return pump, filter sock and holder, heater, and skimmer. I have a basket of macro algae for a fuge in one of the tanks. Also some have a pump for uv sterilizers and rock.
 
I use aquariums as sumps with one baffle. They have a return pump, filter sock and holder, heater, and skimmer. I have a basket of macro algae for a fuge in one of the tanks. Also some have a pump for uv sterilizers and rock.
Do you have pictures of the one that has macro algae in it?
 
Live rock and the skeleton of our Duncan and Trumpet coral. :upside-down-face:
 
I always love to have a refugium section of my sump for macroalgae and critters I don't want in the main system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new