Sump noise in refugium overflow for 220.6

RonS

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2016
Messages
19
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!
 
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!

It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.
 
It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.
Hi. Just wondering how this has worked out. It's the only disappointment I had when I got my Waterbox 180.5. I was planning on using the fuge section to cultivate pods. I made it a day with the baffle in place and had to take it out because I couldn't stand the noise. Without that and since I got a sock silencer, the tank is very quiet.
 
It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.
Thank you! Just did it and makes a huge difference!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new