Sump noise in refugium overflow for 220.6

RonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey team,

I'm finally getting my shiny new 220.6 up and running. It is full of RO/DI at this point, testing out the pump and such, trying to make sure I'm ready for salt and rock and cycling.

One thing I notice is that the water overflowing from the refugium compartment to the skimmer chamber makes a lot of noise. Has anyone worked out a way to silence it? I am currently running with the doors off to make setup easier but I expect it will still be noisy with the doors back on.

Thanks!

It’s actually one of the things I dislike the most about this tank. What I’ve done is raise the divider slightly so that some water is going under and through the teeth. It makes a big difference.

When is the last time you vacuumed your sand bed?

• A week ago

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • A few weeks ago

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • A few months ago

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • It's been 6 months or more

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • It's been over a year

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • It's been several years

Votes: 12 2.5%