OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin - thanks for al the pictures. This is really helpful. I'm planning on running a small volume of water off my manifold so i can control the flow easily with a ball valve. I think I have my final design figured so I'll post pics once I have the tank, parts and have drilled everything. Thanking the R2R community as always for excellent and fast advice!

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a good idea to make a bubble trap on end of refugium that overflows back to sump. So you can make the space between panes 1 3/4” where you could put 2” foam sponge to keep macro from flowing into return pump. You can use the bottom of that last section/bubble trap area for dsb, rock rubble, marinepure, whatever. Or make that bubble trap/drain back to sump area only on top, leaving the bottom area as part of the rest of the fuge

Last edited:
OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of running the return all the way to the middle section of my sump so that anything entering the sump from the refugium will pass through the sponge section of the sump. The emergency drain I'd lead back to the return pump section and allow it to make noise/bubbles to alert me if there is an issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back