Sump very loud help!

Ebenm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I’m a new reefer and recently bought a tank from a friend. I rebuilt everything and finally filled it over a course of a week. Everything is running fine but my first problem I’ve had is the sump being very loud. It seems to be the overflow pipe running into the cylinder has a lot of flow. Is there a way to make it quieter without draining the tank and rebuilding all the plumbing. I’m fine with adding new plumbing or valve to fix but idk how. I will attached a video with my problem. https://youtube.com/shorts/FlhkRu5wcvc?feature=share

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could also use the return pipe as the main drain and the current durso as the emergency pipe. I did this before as durso setups are just more finicky and louder than 2 pipes (herbie overflow)

Upvote 0

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then you just run the return line behind the tank and over, just an option to have incase you arent liking the way it was running, but as blaxsun said, get a gate valve as well. Either system will need a gatevalve to adjust flow.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back