Sun coral ,is it getting food?

saltier the better

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
Cullman
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as far as the sun coral will open. Had him four days. Just wandering if he is getting food or is it still going hungry with no polyps out to grab the food?

IMG_8927.jpeg
 
It needs to open the polyps in order to gett food. Test for a week to give a lot of frozen adult artemia (or frozen freshwater cyclops) at a given time - best may be just before your light turns off. Be sure that your fish had get their food first. I have a lot of sun corals in my aquarium - the only food I use is frozen adult artemia (brine shrimp) and freshwater cyclops from Ocean Nutrition - a short video - note the catch at 1:17



Sincerely Lasse
 
Thanks for the advice, I have been feeding the fish first that gives food in the water for it to react then trying to feed it small amounts over the course of 45 minutes and it is coming out a little bit better. I have been using cyclopods and mermaids delight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new