Sundevil's 5gal Portrait

Sundevil_Brian

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post up my 5 gallon pico since I joined this forum. I've had a reef tanks before but had to tear them down 10 years ago. This is my getting back into salt.

Aquarium is a Marineland Portrait that I've upgraded the pump and added a heater.
The light was also replaced with a DIY 5x Cree RGBW led array. I tried just individual led chips but really hated the disco effect. The RGBW crees fixed that problem. Now I've got uniform color and I still get a shimmer from the individual emitters.

Tank is just coral and clean up crew right now. Have been thinking of adding a clown goby but not sure if it'd like the 5 gallon. The pods, hitch hikers, snails, hermit, and coral keep me entertained enough for now.

Corals right now are 2 different zoas, 1 pink/peach pally, 2-3 different kinds of hitch hiker mushrooms i got on a piece of live rock, 1 orange ricordea, a hammer coral, a blue/purple pocillopora, and a birds nest frag that is having a hard time right now.

I'm running a "bare" bottom with tiles I cut to fit on the bottom that are now pretty covered in various algae.
IMG_20190317_203002040.jpg
 
Looks good! Welcome to R2R!

 
I have this same tank and have used it for bettas but have often thought of the possibilities of turning it into a reef. Super excited to follow along!

What pump did you go with?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new