Superman Monti question

  • Thread starter Thread starter NormanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NormanB

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2019
Messages
595
Reaction score
306
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I'm wondering about the growth pattern of this monti. Does it just encrust or is there some vertical growth as well?

If you are so inclined, pics would be greatly appreciated, too. :)

Thanks!
 
Encrusts only no plating or vertial growth. Some old pics from an old tank of my true OG Superman monti.
DSCN1283.jpg
DSCN1282.jpg
75gcorals022.jpg


DSCN1282.jpg 75gcorals022.jpg
 
Thanks! I have no issues with just encrusting, was just wondering.

Nice pieces, too.
 
This is one that I aquired from tubbs back in 2007, they are encrusters only in my experience.

Back in the day they were mis-ID'd as montipora danae, but M. danae has verrucae (nodules) that are much larger and resemble that of M. palawanensis, verrucolusus etc etc.

OG superman montipora is actually M. monasteriata, and will always be one of the real OG classics.


20200218_200623.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new