Supplemental Blue Light for Aesthetics Only

gobirds4290

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
23
Location
South Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Got a 40b running a pair of Smatfarm leds. I’ve got the PAR numbers where I want them but the look is a bit too white for my liking. I’m looking for idea on supplemental lights just to bring up the blues a bit and make the colors pop. Doesn’t need to be super strong since I don’t need the PAR. Any suggestions?
 
You can get 470nm bars from aliexpress pretty cheap
 
I use 2 OR3 Blue bars on my 40b for my supplement blues.
 
Hi all,

Got a 40b running a pair of Smatfarm leds. I’ve got the PAR numbers where I want them but the look is a bit too white for my liking. I’m looking for idea on supplemental lights just to bring up the blues a bit and make the colors pop. Doesn’t need to be super strong since I don’t need the PAR. Any suggestions?
Well depending on what strength of blue you want the starting point would b one of these:
27w, 3ft ,$40
https://21ledusa.com/products/453nm...uarium-led-light-9w-ft?variant=39712656457867Or $100-ish
https://21ledusa.com/products/36-445nm-actinic-blue-reefbar-pro-3w-bridgelux-leds
Inexpensive, can control them but a single color of blue.

Then add a dozen or so other brands/style at asst. prices.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new