Supplemental lighting help

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I just recently upgraded my tank from a 75 to a 100 gallon innovative marine. I had two radion g5 pros with Reefbrite Xho on the 75. I managed to get a third gen 5, but I still only have two reefbrites. To solve the problem, I turned them sideways. I’m adding a picture below.
The question I have, because I am looking at two supplemental lighting choices to replace the reefbrites. One is the Orphek bars, specifically the blue plus and blue sky. I feel it would offset the pros nicely.
I’m also looking at the ai blades. I know I want growth and pop when it comes to my corals, but I’m not sure which one I would get, if they are worth getting.
So I’m hoping that you guys can help with the decision and maybe let me know if you are using either of these lights and how they are working for you. Also, please post pictures of the lights being used as supplemental lighting if you can.

70733514210__5466C8BF-5993-41AF-BBFB-3E5E726D4D3D.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One vote for leaving it be. You have good led spread and your corals seem happy. Those three G5s have plenty of built in par to handle your reef.

bumping for others to post their incite… :)

OP
OP
Napoliandy

Napoliandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One vote for leaving it be. You have good led spread and your corals seem happy. Those three G5s have plenty of built in par to handle your reef.

bumping for others to post their incite… :)
I am leaving it. At least for now. Too much money anyway. My corals are happy. I can’t complain

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back