OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lime in the sky frag i got 5 months ago...VERY slow grower. probably the slowest i've ever seen (including the oregon tort). although, its turned mainly green now...kinda dissapointing. :(

limeinthesky1.jpg

new lime in the sky frag that i just got in a trade. this one definitely looks like the real deal!

limeinthesky2.jpg

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. I love that AoG colony.

That Lime in the Sky is cool. Is it supposed to stay like that with the green tips and white base?

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on a Radium thread on RC. I heard Giesemann 14.5K coral bulbs make the blues pop but I find that hard to believe since the bulbs are pure white. I would think straight actinics would make the blues show.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check reefready, yourreef, and exoticcorals. grows very slowly....so i think its a pre-LE type of coral. since it grows so slowly, not many people have it nor know about it IMO.
it's a tyree LE, it's been around for at least two years

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i recently epoxied it to a really large rock that i can't remove from the tank.....so its not going anywhere until it grows some....lol

but i'm hoping that will help it to grow, by keeping it perfectly sitll. i think it was getting blown around on the disc it was on.

also, i'm not totally convinced that first one was the real deal. so we'll see what happens to the 2nd one i got.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently epoxied it to a really large rock that i can't remove from the tank.....so its not going anywhere until it grows some....lol

but i'm hoping that will help it to grow, by keeping it perfectly sitll. i think it was getting blown around on the disc it was on.

also, i'm not totally convinced that first one was the real deal. so we'll see what happens to the 2nd one i got.

Just pulling your leg. ;)

CharlieDavidson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two dozen is a lot of plugs for your system. i stopped using the baf plugs years ago for fear of messing with my system; when i make frags i tend to make dozens
Are we talking about the 2" disk? i still have @20.. soak them well first.?
Al, I am not sure I had seen your tank, before,,, Sweet!!

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i'll try to get some pics up after this weekend, i'm up in philly for the week doing some work so i don't have any pics.

the above picture of the purple coral, well.....it isn't purple anymore. it turned green with light purple tips and blue polyps. very interesting color. never seen something change that dramatically in such a short amount of time.

i got some other cool frags from greg carrol, but they ended up RTN'ing due to rough shipping. i'm getting them replaced hopefully soon.

other than that, i got like 12 polyps of PPE's recently in a trade, i should get some pics of those soon.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%

Back