Surprise

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bunnee911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bunnee911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Messages
1,307
Reaction score
861
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to trap one of my 3 peppermint shrimp out of my Biocube 29 and place them in a 10g to work on the aiptasia in there.

I cut up a soda bottle and made a trap that I baited with shrimp pellets.

About 05:00, I woke up and checked my trapline.

I got one! Oh wait! Is that babies?

We now have a bucket of baby peppermint shrimp. They are too small to photograph, but I am working on that.
Thankfully, I keep a brine shrimp hatchery going constantly. I also put some RG Complete in with them. Anyone have any experience?
 
Let's here how it goes. Cause I'm trying to hatch some of my shamefaced crabs.
 
After I added RG Complete to my water, I never saw them again. Still have brine shrimp in there. I used a bucket with an air stone to oxygenate. The peppermint were clinging to the side of the bucket is why I greened the water.

I wonder if they were premature due to her being trapped in a soda bottle. I may set up another tank for them. I am interested in trying again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new