Surprise

S.O.MLemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work today and noticed my RBT anemone split in 2 in my new tank. I knew they did this but it was crazy to come home to. Noticed this morning it was all long and stretched between 2 rocks. Guess my tank is doing pretty good if it’s happy enough to duplicate. Reef tanks still blow my mind with all the things that happen. It’s a whole other world. No wonder most sci-fi/alien movies have characters based off of underwater creatures.

e60d6f0656b34db7e88b33b3dc753391.heic

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sorts of wonders go on in our little reefs. One main reason they split though is under stress and parameter swings. How stable is your tank? That is a pretty anemone!

OP
OP
S.O.MLemos

S.O.MLemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sorts of wonders go on in our little reefs. One main reason they split though is under stress and parameter swings. How stable is your tank? That is a pretty anemone!

Oh good to know, I was told by a friend the opposite and they only split when they are happy. I just upgraded my tank a month ago but it was always shrunken up and moving around in my small tank but seems way happier now. I haven’t checked my parameters lately but I know they are all a little lower than I want them because the tank is so new and I kinda went over kill on all the equipment (capacity wise). He must of split because of the drop in phosphates or brighter lighting. Thanks for the info, I wish I could get my zebra to split though because it’s about 10 inches now lol

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1
I've heard of people inducing stress on their nems intentionally so they will split more often.

Back