Swannyson7's 180g mixed reef

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!

@ reefer831- 4th one down on which post number? If you're talking about the purple mille with green polyps and the blue growth rim, that's a Fuzzy Watermelon from Mr. Coral. One of my favorite corals in the tank!
Yup that one....it's a winner for sure!

Kellee5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are sooooo bad! Hahaha I have to beg my hubby to upgrade! He is the brains behind it all but I am learning and having fun now for over a year!

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys first post on r2r after a long time being a passive observer but i had to join and say that this tank is looking a heck of a lot like what i want mine to look like :xd:...one of the greatest in home tanks i've seen in a long long time and serious acro envy with the green slimer mine is a big fan of bleaching when he grows a little too close to the lights so he gets moved a lot

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the last batch were good but these ones were just plain sick man. Very, very nice.

Not sure how we missed that last batch of pictures, but I gotta agree with Brett - S I C K !!!!

Gorgeous corals and I am definitely feeling a bit of acro-envy, LOL!

-Terry

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading soon and your tank just gave me loads of inspiration! Congrats on an amazing tank!

Are the "pest" corals actually causing any damage or just over growing? What about the BTA? Does it kill what it touches?

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! The anthelia doesn't really hurt anything, just crowds out the SPS and prevents it from growing. The GSP packs a bit of a sting and so does the BTA. The RBTA isn't too bad because it's not that large, but the GBTA has been stinging my setosa for about a year. :squigglemouth:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys first post on r2r after a long time being a passive observer but i had to join and say that this tank is looking a heck of a lot like what i want mine to look like :xd:...one of the greatest in home tanks i've seen in a long long time and serious acro envy with the green slimer mine is a big fan of bleaching when he grows a little too close to the lights so he gets moved a lot

Welcome to R2R! Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed your post earlier, but thank you for the compliment! Welcome to R2R! 1smile1

I'm glad that you finally stopped lurking and posted. Be sure to start a build thread when you a get a chance so that we can all track your progress! As for the green slimer, mine started relatively low in the tank because I encountered similar problems with bleaching initially. I'd try moving it down a bit to adjust to the LEDs... it grows fast enough that it will be making it to the top of your tank in no time! As mine has grown toward the lighting, I've had no problems with any bleaching.

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys and thanks for the advice swannyson...i'll start my own thread soon once i get a camera the doesnt make the LED lighting look like its a giant blue sunspot on my iphone camera lol...would love to get tips or advice or feedback, whatever you wish to call it, on my tank from some of you guys.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounted a couple mini colonies that have been growing on the sandbed for some time and decided to snap a few pics. First off, the newly mounted colonies:
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2227-2.jpg

IMG_2285-1.jpg

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a couple other pics from this morning:

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2299-1.jpg

IMG_2296-1.jpg

IMG_2294-1.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2267-1.jpg

IMG_2259-1.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2230-2.jpg

IMG_2224-1.jpg

IMG_2210-2.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2182-1.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have outstanding colors man, it's hard to scale from the pics but some of those colonies look huge.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous as always!

You have outstanding colors man, it's hard to scale from the pics but some of those colonies look huge.

Thanks guys! Brett, the macro lens can be a bit deceiving. Several of the colonies are right around 5-6", but a few are significantly larger like the lime table, green slimer, and blue tip emerald stag. There's also a few mini colonies that are growing out like the pearlberry and newly mounted deepwaters that are only about 3". I also have more frags sitting around on racks than I care to admit that will be mounted once they grow a bit. There's some nice ones growing out, so hopefully they start to take off soon so that I can mount them!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feels like I am looking into the ocean! Well done!

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev! It's slowly but surely filling in. Once some of the stuff on the frag racks grows a bit, I'm going to have to start tearing our a few of the mediocre colonies to replace them with the more vibrant stuff. I've got quite a few goodies growing out! 1smile1

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful colonies and that pearlberry is to die for! :beauty:

M&T

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding me?!?! Goregeous, I tell ya'! Gorgeous!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back