Swannyson7's 180g mixed reef

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could have sworn he mentioned it was a piece he got from Mr Coral, maybe batman acro, I think I have the same one.

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it's the "Fuzzy Watermelon" from Mr. Coral. I'll try to get an updated pic over the next few days. In the meantime, here's a few pics through the glass from today.

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW just beautiful!!

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks amazing..Looking forward to see what colonies you got growing out

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics of some gorgeous specimens! Love that Sohal!

-M&T

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work this morning to a acro colony randomly suffering from RTN. Everything else looks great and a check of parameters pointed out no obvious culprit. I clipped a few of the tips in an attempt to save a couple pieces, but luckily it was a colony I planned to sell off soon anyway. Just hoping that it doesn't spread :squigglemouth:

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well two days have gone by and nothing else RTNed, but the affected colony is completely gone. Even the frags I cut suffered from RTN by yesterday morning. Not sure what the problem was, but at least it freed up space for a frag or two that have grown too big for the frag tank...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well two days have gone by and nothing else RTNed, but the affected colony is completely gone. Even the frags I cut suffered from RTN by yesterday morning. Not sure what the problem was, but at least it freed up space for a frag or two that have grown too big for the frag tank...

So sorry about the RTN issue. This is what makes this hobby frustrating sometimes. When you don't know what the issue is? :confused: Anyway, glad there was no other RTN.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So sorry to hear this, but glad it has not spread to other colonies. We have had that happen with two different A. desalwii colonies.

-M&T

OP
OP
swannyson7

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently managed to introduce flukes into my system and the tangs seemed to be hit the hardest. I dosed Prazipro and at the advice of M&T picked up a cleaner wrasse (Thanks again Terry!). I just finished round one of the treatment and got my skimmer back online today and the fish look significantly better. I'll be doing a second treatment this coming weekend if time permits. While doing a water change, I decided to take the laser to some anthelia & scrape some coralline. Here's an updated FTS as of today:

IMG_3342.jpg

Apparently, everyone thought it was feeding time!
IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back