Swapping Addictions - New Reefer from Cape Town, South Africa

DvgyCpT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello & intro myself on the forum.
I'm from sunny mother city of Cape Town in South Africa. Its a coastal city with access to plenty of beaches. This is my first attempt at any aquarium.

For the longest time iv been into cars (on a OCD + ADHD level) & been slowly getting bored. And of recent been wanting to do something to my home that would add 'life' haha dont know if that makes sense. Iv never been cat or dog person.

Then about 3 months ago came across BRStv vlog & boooommm hooked. The BRStv guys refer plenty to R2R forum so this was my first stop & been lurking since. Also found great forum locally. The hobby fell somewhere slap bang in the middle of what iv been looking for haha.

Last month i decided to take the plunge, purchased a pre-owned 650 mm cube ( we work on metric system - 26 inches).
The DT tank came with stand & 400 mm (15 inches) cube QT tank, got lucky with the purchase. Being my first tank & start up costs on the higher side, decided with pre-owned.

Have collected some bits in meant time but will detail in my build thread to come. Definitely have tons to learn.

Thanks for reading.. Solid Day to all ;Shamefullyembarrased

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the personality for reefing!

spockwelcome.jpg

OP
OP
DvgyCpT

DvgyCpT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you looking for local hardware and livestock deals in Cpt you should join the local site MASA. R2R will be a great source of information and guidance for sure.
Shot for the information bud, already joined the MASA forum. Definitely solid local site.

Thanks to other for the welcome

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back