Sweeper tentacles.

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this euphyliia and was told it's a frammer. Looks awesome, great price but the issue I'm having are it's sweepers. He got one of my reg digi's after I thought there was more than a enough distance. It's situated in a better spot now but is there another coral I could put beside it that would help keep it controlled?

PXL_20210125_004058536.PORTRAIT.jpg

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy mosses. Thats insane,

To answer your question you could put just about any euphyllia in between. Except maybe a torch I believe those sting other euphyllia.

What do you put in your aquarium? I used to have an instant ocean product that did something like that to my coral.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this euphyliia and was told it's a frammer. Looks awesome, great price but the issue I'm having are it's sweepers. He got one of my reg digi's after I thought there was more than a enough distance. It's situated in a better spot now but is there another coral I could put beside it that would help keep it controlled?

PXL_20210125_004058536.PORTRAIT.jpg
Oh wow, how long has your hammer been in your tank? In my experience, I noticed that newly added lps esp (galaxies and euphyllia) usually extend their sweepers for at least the first two weeks and then rarely extend them once they have settled. Could it be that they are exploring their new environment. For me, I just put a rock or a line of dead acros to form like a wall.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes- be very careful with what is within its reach. I often see mine send out a 3-5" one and glad nothing is near

1611542291066.png

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is where it touched the Digi. Glad I was walking past the tank before. It did more damage.

I've been trying to find a place for my euphyliia but every where I put it he keeps reaching out

I just started using aquaforest salt. Before that I was buying saltwater from my LFS. I just ordered another hammer so I'll try to put it infront of it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210125_013339077.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20210125_013339077.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow, how long has your hammer been in your tank? In my experience, I noticed that newly added lps esp (galaxies and euphyllia) usually extend their sweepers for at least the first two weeks and then rarely extend them once they have settled. Could it be that they are exploring their new environment. For me, I just put a rock or a line of dead acros to form like a wall.
It's been about 2 weeks. I've moved it away from my SPS and should be fine where it sits now.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so weird. I literally have a big big colony of candy canes inches and i mean inches in range of both a torch and hammers. They never attack it or eachother. In the last year, saw them get entangled once, and it wasn't sweepers lol

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy mosses. Thats insane,

To answer your question you could put just about any euphyllia in between. Except maybe a torch I believe those sting other euphyllia.

What do you put in your aquarium? I used to have an instant ocean product that did something like that to my coral.
Torch do sting hammer and frogspawn, which is one of the reasons hammer and frogspawn aren't considered euphyllia anymore.

Back