Sweet Revenge

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my tank continues to explode with aiptasia, I finally broke down and bought 6 berghia this past Saturday from another R2R member. Just like everyone else, they disappeared. I had checked nightly to hopefully see one, but nothing. That is, until last night. I spotted 3. 1 active and 2 just seemingly hanging out. About 30 minutes later, the active one found a meal.

IMG_20240118_012520300.jpg

I woke up this morning and noticed several in the photo above are gone. Nice! I'm so glad this battle is beginning to sway in a positive direction.

About 20 minutes after lights on today, I found this one moving from one hole to another.

IMG_20240118_143554976.jpg

This might take a while, but it's time to get back at this ugly reef nemesis.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone has a different opinion about what will work. I tried everything berghia that for me didn't work, I think my Wrasse ate them. Either way they will die from starvation eventually. F Aiptasia that just seemed to tick them off. after years of frustration I bought a Copperband Butterfly that desimated all of them and has kept my tank free since February of last year. Some people say they won't eat them but mine has been awesome. And they are a beautiful fish, he did eat my maxima clam that I had for around 10 years.

OP
OP
Cincyreefer513

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has a different opinion about what will work. I tried everything berghia that for me didn't work, I think my Wrasse ate them. Either way they will die from starvation eventually. F Aiptasia that just seemed to tick them off. after years of frustration I bought a Copperband Butterfly that desimated all of them and has kept my tank free since February of last year. Some people say they won't eat them but mine has been awesome. And they are a beautiful fish, he did eat my maxima clam that I had for around 10 years.
Unfortunately my Flex 32 limits a lot of fish options and I didn't want to take the chance on peppermint shrimp so I decided I'd cough up the extra cash for some "slugs".
I don't currently have any wrasse although I plan to get a pink streak when I can find one. Hopefully these berghia multiply quickly enough to not be an issue if I acquire the pink streak within the next month or two.

The dumb thing about all of this is back in 2022, I had maybe 2 dozen aiptasia up until late spring. Then, a bad case of dinos wiped out half the coral and all, but one aiptasia. I literally had 1 aiptasia (visible to me at least) from roughly July of 2022 all the way to May 2023. This thing was in a crack on the back part of a rock. It wasn't really doable to do anything to it so I figured I'd leave it and see what happens. It continued to be the only one in the tank for nearly a year and then I moved in April. About a month after the move I started noticing baby aiptasia all over and then, bam, now there are hundreds.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back