Sweet Swaying Nano Gem!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,861
Reaction score
122,507
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nano.jpg


I found this little nugget of a nano while scouring google today and thought it needed to be shared!

The author of the video is artyfotography of youtube and he detailed the video as his first nano reef tank at about 9 months old.
Video was shot with a Canon EOS 550D.

[video=youtube;5fQ-VdJhQk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQ-VdJhQk4&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
 
BTW in his comments the owner stated that he knows the tangs will outgrow the system and need to be moved.
 
The Yellow Tang looks unhealthy with a pinched abdomen. Probably can't feed it as much as it needs in a tank that small without completely fouling the water.
 
Love how people say that hammer,torch,and frogspawn need to be at least 6inches away from each other or they will damage/sting eachother and this guy has all three(huge sizes) basically on top of eachother
 
The Yellow Tang looks unhealthy with a pinched abdomen. Probably can't feed it as much as it needs in a tank that small without completely fouling the water.

we get it, you need a 300 + gallon tank to successfully keep a tang.......... Jeez. Tang police on patrol :)

On a side note, sweet nano!
 
we get it, you need a 300 + gallon tank to successfully keep a tang.......... Jeez. Tang police on patrol :)

On a side note, sweet nano!

I never said that. A visibly starving fish is disturbing no matter what size tank it is in.

I don't get impressed by a tank with malnourished fish.
 
Last edited:
Nice tank; however, the tangs have already outgrown it. I am not a tang policeman, but I am one that tries to treat animals with care. I agree with WesF that the yellow tang did look unhealthy. I don't think it needs a 300, but it does need a larger tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new