SWIM BLADDER OVER INFLATED

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I was gone for to days came back and my coral beauty angel fish is doing awful. He floats to the top and has lost almost complete control. My lemon tang wasn’t picking on him bad but I don’t know if it’s because he’s like this or if he was just picking on him. HOW do I help this fish because he dies or how can I help to neutralize/stabilize his swim bladder. He is greatly appreciate and need!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I was gone for to days came back and my coral beauty angel fish is doing awful. He floats to the top and has lost almost complete control. My lemon tang wasn’t picking on him bad but I don’t know if it’s because he’s like this or if he was just picking on him. HOW do I help this fish because he dies or how can I help to neutralize/stabilize his swim bladder. He is greatly appreciate and need!
Can you post a short video?
How long have you had the fish?
I presume it isn't eating?

There are not any good treatments for overinflated air bladders. You'll hear all sorts of crazy treatments like "feed them peas" or "add Epsom salts to the tank".

I've never found a good treatment, and not for lack of trying. I've deflated affected fish with a syringe and that helps for a day or so, but the gas just comes back. I once build a pressure chamber that would resolve the symptoms, but when I took the pressure off, the problem just returned.

In theory, dosing with Erythromycin in a treatment tank should work, but I've not seen that myself.....

Jay

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following

my hawkfish is bloated. Not eating and sometimes off balance struggle to get up.

what should I do? Thx

feegus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melenarus wrasse was like this about a year ago. I fed it peas that had been placed in warm water and then popped out of their “shells” and it for whatever reason the wrasse ate them - the next day it was better. Maybe it would have gotten better on its own, maybe the peas helped. It’s hard to know. But I would at least try a pea

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melenarus wrasse was like this about a year ago. I fed it peas that had been placed in warm water and then popped out of their “shells” and it for whatever reason the wrasse ate them - the next day it was better. Maybe it would have gotten better on its own, maybe the peas helped. It’s hard to know. But I would at least try a pea
Great but mine doesn’t eat.

Back