Switch function for a limited duration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way for a switch to be set so it stays on only for a set amount of time when turned on without putting in exact times of day.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly are trying to do? How much time per day? And you do not care what time of day it turns on as long as it turns on for X period 1 per day?

Are you looking for a physical switch?

You could for example use one of the filter modes, or Maintenance mode and when you select them regardless of the time of day it can turn and off a switch port.

OP
OP
R

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this probably is not the recommended way of handling this but I have a switch set up to turn on my calcium reactor manually. But I want to turn it on for a set amount of time that I will experiment with, 2 or 4 hours. I could turn it off manually but if I forget....

I run kalk and use the calcium reactor to supplement. It does a good job of raising the dkh but it seems like there is a delayed reaction in how much it will raise the dkh if I leave it on for the 6 hour intervals that I do khd tests. For example, I want to keep my dkh in the high 8's and If it is lower, say 8.3, and I switch the calcium reactor on and then 6 hours or 12 hours later my dkh is 9 and I shut off the calcium reactor the dkh will continue to rise, perhaps up to 9.6 or whatever. I would prefer not to run the khd director more than every 6 hours. I dose kalk once per hour and change the dosage as needed. I realize this is all manual but I feel more comfortable at this time doing it this way. I am also retired so I can check it via the app often.

OP
OP
R

reeferisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this probably is not the recommended way of handling this but I have a switch set up to turn on my calcium reactor manually. But I want to turn it on for a set amount of time that I will experiment with, 2 or 4 hours. I could turn it off manually but if I forget....

I run kalk and use the calcium reactor to supplement. It does a good job of raising the dkh but it seems like there is a delayed reaction in how much it will raise the dkh if I leave it on for the 6 hour intervals that I do khd tests. For example, I want to keep my dkh in the high 8's and If it is lower, say 8.3, and I switch the calcium reactor on and then 6 hours or 12 hours later my dkh is 9 and I shut off the calcium reactor the dkh will continue to rise, perhaps up to 9.6 or whatever. I would prefer not to run the khd director more than every 6 hours. I dose kalk once per hour and change the dosage as needed. I realize this is all manual but I feel more comfortable at this time doing it this way. I am also retired so I can check it via the app often.
Right now I just set my phone to remind me to turn off the calcium reactor.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @Ditto says - use one of the maintenance functions. Let us say maintenance 1. If you accept 4 hours on - use the maintenance direct to activate your Ca reactors socket - in my case S4

1673210776718.png

If you want longer time but still use a maintenance function - you do not let it affect anything

1673210868169.png

Instead you go to programming language - in my case I want 4 hours more - total 8 hours, PL 3 in mt case will be like this

1673211320028.png

This PL - I knit to my actual socket like this

1673211507745.png

Now if I start the maintenance program 1 - it will first be one for the maintenance period (4 hour) and after that have and delayed off with an additional 4 hours - totally 8 hours on

Sincerely Lasse

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back