S

Slowlane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0C9DDF9A-E088-47DA-9BD8-4D19AC6213E8.jpeg
Update: Removed some rock and changed a few things.. Joined a local reef club so ended up getting a few new coral.. Probably going to start a Build thread as soon as I have time.. Also picked up an RO/DI unit as well.. so far everything has been doing great in the tank.

OP
OP
S

Slowlane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

If you're new to SW, I would suggest reading #15 in this article first: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/

I have found myself referencing this article more than any other, not just to anyone new to the hobby. The nitrogen cycle is only the startup of a SW tank cycle. The next 6-12 months is a maturing phase, and it's typically in this time frame where algae outbreaks occur and things can sort of roller-coaster, and if you stock the tank up too quickly, you might see corals randomly dying & fish getting sick, etc...people who are relatively new to the SW hobby (or never bothered to study this aspect of it too much) can very easily fall into the trap of chasing problems = making more problems => giving up and selling everything off. We don't want that to happen to anyone!

Long-term stability and balance are the keys, and you just can't shortcut the process significantly. That's always the #1 thing to keep in mind!
Constantly referencing these articles still.. Thanks again for the suggestion and link

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You will ask yourself why did you ever do freshwater and never view FW the same again.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will ask yourself why did you ever do freshwater and never view FW the same again.

This is just a perfect statement. My freshwater tank sprung a leak one year ago and I said to myself “Why am I not reefing?” I took it as a sign to make a comeback.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
I still keep a ~800 gallon pond and a 55g planted in addition to my reef. Only cichlid i still have is a pair of rams. My planted has grown more advanced since started reefing. From a walstad designed tank to a high tech planted with co2 and dosing [emoji23]

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome!!! You did just like I did, I was a freshwater person for years and started in saltwater with the BioCube 32. I got a really got deal in getting everything you need to set up including water. I got lucky I guess, I am now in the process of paying on a Red Sea Reefer 170. I cant wait to get it paid off and get it set up. I have 4 tanks right now and cant wait to add this 5th one. Good luck with everything and I hope you enjoy your 32 as much as I have.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 131 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back