Switching out past the bread and butter

  • Thread starter Thread starter becon776
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

becon776

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Messages
511
Reaction score
161
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Ok guys, so had my RSR 450 up for a few years now. Had a heck of a time getting it up on all cylinders (dry rock is a pita). Anyway I stocked it with the typical starter sticks and now these colonies are too dang big. Ready to start switching over to more select sticks. Esp since these dang corals are bailing out polyps left and right just for fun. They are starting to become like the sps Xenia or gsp.
my question is should I just remove the whole dang mother or frag the crap out of them. Use kale paste to kill off the roots?

A0114723-0AEB-4F40-BB0D-AA12C9F98D2A.jpeg B82D6053-9D22-48B8-8621-19D31FC02A27.jpeg
 
break off at the base and frag it all up and sell it for $5-10 per frag or trade with locals in your area. Might even be able to get trade credit at your LFS. I used to do that regularly with a pink birdsnest I had that was growing like a weed.
 
Ok guys, so had my RSR 450 up for a few years now. Had a heck of a time getting it up on all cylinders (dry rock is a pita). Anyway I stocked it with the typical starter sticks and now these colonies are too dang big. Ready to start switching over to more select sticks. Esp since these dang corals are bailing out polyps left and right just for fun. They are starting to become like the sps Xenia or gsp.
my question is should I just remove the whole dang mother or frag the crap out of them. Use kale paste to kill off the roots?

A0114723-0AEB-4F40-BB0D-AA12C9F98D2A.jpeg B82D6053-9D22-48B8-8621-19D31FC02A27.jpeg
The stylo on the right won't spread, but I would totally get rid of the pocci on the left. They can spread around a tank.
 
I thought I got rid of my Pocci 10 years ago. Some how they still pop up
 
Wow this is an old thread. Yeah I’m about to rip apart my stack and torch that ****. It’s EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Shoulda listened.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new