Switching to Aquaforest? SPS Dominated tank

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have been doing some research over some of the products that I'm using. i currently dose all for reef but I'm thinking about going with AF. main reason is to keep all the same brand. aqua forest seems like they got a little bit of everything.

anyhow anyone has had any luck with Aquaforest? can anyone show your SPS tank with pictures from the results? before and after

Does anyone know if Comp. 1+2+3+ raises PH?

final question because I'm running SPS tank what products should i use?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have been doing some research over some of the products that I'm using. i currently dose all for reef but I'm thinking about going with AF. main reason is to keep all the same brand. aqua forest seems like they got a little bit of everything.

anyhow anyone has had any luck with Aquaforest? can anyone show your SPS tank with pictures from the results? before and after

Does anyone know if Comp. 1+2+3+ raises PH?

final question because I'm running SPS tank what products should i use?
I use AF.

AF Alkalinity is Sodium Bicarbonate so does not increase pH. I bake it into Sodium Carbonate and mix less to get the pH kick with the same amount of Alkalinity.

I use the Calcium and Mineral Salt as directed.

Once the 3 components are mixed, I add Components Strong for trace element supplementation.

Effectively that gives Component 123+, but with a pH boost.

IMG_3630.jpg

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use AF.

AF Alkalinity is Sodium Bicarbonate so does not increase pH. I bake it into Sodium Carbonate and mix less to get the pH kick with the same amount of Alkalinity.

I use the Calcium and Mineral Salt as directed.

Once the 3 components are mixed, I add Components Strong for trace element supplementation.

Effectively that gives Component 123+, but with a pH boost.

IMG_3630.jpg
Wow nice tank!!. So how do you get the sodium carbonate again I read it like five times trying to figure it out. Is it powder ?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice tank!!. So how do you get the sodium carbonate again I read it like five times trying to figure it out. Is it powder ?
You simply bake the AF Alkalinity supplement in an oven at 250F for an hour or two.
That converts the Sodium Bicarbonate to Sodium Carbonate.

Then instead of using 80 grams per litre, you use 50.5 grams per litre which works out to be the same strength.
(When you bake it, it weighs less).

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You simply bake the AF Alkalinity supplement in an oven at 250F for an hour or two.
That converts the Sodium Bicarbonate to Sodium Carbonate.

Then instead of using 80 grams per litre, you use 50.5 grams per litre which works out to be the same strength.
(When you bake it, it weighs less)

nice sounds like a good modification! I’m definitely gonna hit you up if I make the switch

Back