Switching to bare bottom on a 11g..?

André Brasil

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Messages
164
Reaction score
245
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...I've been toying with the idea of going barebottom.

One of the reasons for this consideration is that recently I got miself a spin stream noozle and it's blowing the sand on one end of my tank. It's not serious, but it's getting on my nerves hehe.

Another issue is maintenance...i hate cleaning sand. I always end up dislodging a coral while doing it and I swear I suck more sand out than dirt everytime.

I'm on the fence over the looks and eventual micro fauna loss?

Please pitch in with your views and why's!
 
I recently did this with my 20 gallon and it is a lot easier doing water changes and cleaning the bottom, also gives more food to the snails .
 
I recently did this with my 20 gallon and it is a lot easier doing water changes and cleaning the bottom, also gives more food to the snails .

Thanks for the input.

Have you felt any down sides?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new